Gateway Curriculum in Spanish

Home Forums Intimate Partner Violence Topics Gateway Curriculum in Spanish

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anna Nathanson
      Participant

Hi all! We’re working on adapting our curriculum to use in Spanish. We wanted to know if there are others who have been using the Gateway Curriculum in Spanish and, if so, if we can speak with you about best practices!

Thank you, Anna

Dominic Goodall
      Keymaster

Hello,

I’ll reach out to the Gateway team and see if they have any thoughts! Someone should get back to you shortly

Lisa Nitsch
      Keymaster

Hi Anna,
      Do you see the section of this forum that is called “Private: Training Forums – Gateway Curriculum Training”? We created a section of this forum that is for exactly this type of question – for folks who have been trained in the curriculum to share pieces of the curriculum that they’ve struggled with or what to make more relevant to a particular population. I’m going to copy your question there for other folks to respond to. In the meantime, the short answer is yes. We are building a Spanish version of this curriculum. We have it linguistically translated and are in the process of culturally adapting it – making sure examples and themes are relevant. I’m going to tap some of our Spanish Facilitators to be sure they respond to you as well with more details about their work. Will you be joining us for part of the training we’re doing for the rest of Children’s Aid next month? We’ll also be sure to address this then. – Lisa

Anna Nathanson
      Participant

Thank you for this reply, Lisa — I’m still trying to find my way around! I won’t be at the training next month since I was trained in November, but it’s great that you’ll be able to address translation during that training!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.