Introductions – Get to know your community!

Home Forums General Discussion General Discussion Introductions – Get to know your community!

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      COP Admin
      Keymaster

Part of being a community member is getting to know your fellow members and letting them get to know a little about you.  If you haven’t done so, be sure to update your profile with any information you think will help your community members get to know you.

In your introduction, feel free to include as little or as much information as you wish. Are you a community organizer? Do you run programs for a community organization? Are you a volunteer at a local shelter? Are you an advocate for the region?  Or have you just entered the field and are looking to build a network of experienced professionals to strengthen your community?

We’re looking forward to getting to know you!

Lisa Nitsch
      Keymaster

Hi there!  My name is Lisa Nitsch and I serve as Director of Training & Education for House of Ruth Maryland, where I’ve worked since 1988. I am also a Board Member of the National Resource Center on Domestic Violence. You can read my profile if you’re interested in detailed credentials and my specific topics of interest. (Have you updated your profile yet?) My broad responsibilities at HRM, aside from being part of the administrative leadership, is the oversight of our abuse intervention programs and our Training Institute.

I am proud to be part of the team that is bringing you this Community of Practice. Our vision is that this forum will serve as a tool to connect intimate partner violence service providers and advocates all over the globe to facilitate access to resources and the exchange of information. We hope you find it useful. Please feel free to reach out to share your experiences with and feedback about this forum.

Cheri Parlaman

Hi!  My name is Cheri Parlaman.  I’m the Chief Development Officer at House of Ruth Maryland and also over see all of our communications activities.  I’ve been with House of Ruth Maryland for 10 years and am excited to learn more from others in the community and to hear your challenges, your stories, the reasons why you do what you do.

I’m looking forward to chatting with others!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.